Wednesday, February 24, 2010

A Beautiful Day and a Visit w/ a Friend

Today was I think one of the firs real days of spring! It was beautiful out! We were all able to walk around in tshirts all day and throughout the evening. And the best part is this weather is supposed to just continue to get better the rest of the week. Unfortunately though, there is a 95% chance of rain on Saturday, which means it'll not be so much fun walking around Machida. But that's ok, we'll still have a good time and I know God will do something great like always.
This morning I received a call from Ben Repke, a friend from Peoria. He's currently in Japan. Actuallly by the time I'm writing this he's on his way back to the States. But he was only going to be here until 4pm today, so Amy and I hurried and got ready to go meet him for lunch and to hang out.
Well, long story short (12 trains, and 3 wrong stations), it took us 3 hours to finally all meet up in the right spot. We spent the next couple hours all talking and just kinda catching up. It was good to see Ben, because he's been gone with the Navy for the past year and a half and I haven't seen him in probably a good two years.
So my current goal is to try to write a short blog each day until I leave. I'm not sure how good I'll be at it, but like I said it's my goal.
Hope everyone in the States has a great day! Miss you all and love you all too!

No comments:

Post a Comment